Request for Information: Input on a Particle Beam Facility for Radiotherapy-Related Cancer Research
Thursday, February 11, 2016
Posted by: Administration
The NCI RRP seeks input on the potential utility of a potential pre-clinical particle beam research
facility for radiation therapy-related research. Particularly of interest are comments on the following
- Main issues relevant to the clinical uses of particle beam radiotherapy that can be efficiently
addressed in pre-clinical studies;
- Types of research that might be designed to address such issues;
- Particle beam species and properties that are most needed or required or desirable;
- Estimated needs for particle beam time for potential preclinical research;
- Optimal infrastructure of such a facility; and/or
- Any additional issues relevant to this RFI that are not specifically mentioned above
How to Submit a Response
Responses to the RFI will be accepted until March 1, 2016. All comments must be submitted to:
No proprietary, classified, confidential, or sensitive information should be included in responses.
Responses will be compiled and shared internally within the NCI and/or with working groups
convened by the NCI, as appropriate. The compiled information may also appear in public reports and
may inform the development of a research-support initiative(s) at an undetermined time in the future.
We look forward to your input. We also hope that you will share this document with your colleagues.
Important Note: This RFI is for planning purposes only and should not be construed as a solicitation
or as an obligation on the part of the Federal Government and the NCI. The NCI does not intend to
make any research awards on the basis of responses to this RFI or to otherwise pay for the preparation
of any information submitted, or for the Government's use of such information.
Please direct all inquiries to:
Jacek Capala, Ph.D.
National Cancer Institute (NCI)