More interaction with affiliated societies: the Conference on Radiation Health (Epidemiologists) will join RRS with a satellite meeting running simultaneously to increase educational opportunities, and Health Physics Society will return by popular demand with a joint symposia.
The 2014 Planning Committee hosted a very interactive planning session in New Orleans. Planning Chair, Gayle Woloschak, and team are off to a strong start with program highlights including topics covering:
- Novel strategies to reduce normal tissue toxicity
- DNA damage and response following radiation exposure
- Challenges in radiation dosimetry
- Immune mechanisms associated with radiation exposure
- Space radiation biology and high LET effects
- Approaches for molecular imaging
- Nuclear accidents and countermeasures
- Biomarkers of accidental and clinical exposure
- Radiation epidemiology and second Nanoparticles and radio therapy cancers.
CLICK HERE to download the presentation for a brief introduction of the 2014 venue and overview.