The Mission of the ECI Interest Group:
The Early Career Investigator (ECI) interest group, established in 2016, has been formally incorporated to the RRS Society. RRS wants to connect ECIs with each other as well as mentors of the Society, hear their experiences, and encourage their research programs.
Can you help RRS shape the future?
Find a home in our Society and encourage others through your experiences. In addition to full membership benefits, ECI participants will help guide:
- Year-round education
- Educational resources for both large and small labs
- Connect to career opportunities
- Community to support and mentor others
- Have opportunities to speak or chair at the annual meetings
- Participate in exclusive ECI events at the annual meeting
Furthermore, there is an opportunity to apply for and utilize a travel award to off-set the costs incurred to attend the RRS Annual Meeting.
Qualifications For Interest Group Acceptance:
In order to apply you must be a Full or Sponsored Faculty Member of RRS in good standing.
Submit your application for review by clicking on the link below:
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION
The travel awards are designed to offset travel and registration fees, recognize the importance of the awardee's scientific contributions, and encourage participation of ECIs at the Annual Meeting. The number of available ECI travel awards are limited, per year, and the amount is up to $800.00 (depending on the availability of funds). The selection of the award recipients shall be based on an evaluation of each applicant's funding needs, as identified on the application, and quality of abstract reviewed.
The Criteria for Travel Award Consideration Include:
- Applicants with independent labs will be given priority for ECI travel awards, but other ECIs are still encouraged to apply.
- Must be a Full RRS member, in good standing, or have membership pending.
- Travel Award application must be completed and approved by the ECI Interest Group Leader.
- Applicant must submit an abstract via online submission by the appropriate deadline.
To view the list of 2016 ECI travel award winners click Here.
Please contact Audrey Rinehart with questions at email@example.com or by phone 1-877-216-1919.
2017 RRS Annual Meeting:
If you plan to attend the 2017 Annual Meeting in Cancun, Mexico, there will be specific events designed to maximize your opportunities to network with other ECIs and the Interest Group Leaders. Please continue to watch your inbox for notifications and check back to this ECI group page for updates! If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact RRS Member Services/Association Manager, Audrey Rinehart (Audrey@radres.org, 1-877-216-1919).
Not a Full or Sponsored Faculty Member? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Please contact any of the following ECI interest group leaders if you have questions.