RRS Forms New Interest Group to Shape the Future:
The Early Career Investigator (ECI) is a new interest group formally incorporated to the RRS Society. RRS wants to connect ECIs, hear their experiences and encourage their research programs.
Can you help RRS shape the future?
This important new interest group is not just about travel awards! If you do not qualify for travel funds this important new group may still be for you. Find a home in our society and encourage others through your experiences.
In addition to full membership benefits ECI participants will help guide:
- Year-round education
- Educational resources for both large and small labs
- Connect to career opportunities
- Community to support and mentor others
- Have opportunities to speak or chair at the annual meetings
- Participate in exclusive ECI events at the annual meeting
In order to apply you must be a Full or Sponsored Faculty Member of RRS in good standing.
Submit your application for review.
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION
About the Travel Awards:
The travel awards are designed to offset travel and registration fees and additional amounts of Merit Awards to encourage participation of ECIs at the meeting and to recognize the importance of your scientific submissions. ECI travel awards are limited, and shall provide awards of up to $800.00 (depending on the availability of funds). The selection of ECI Travel Award recipients shall be based on an evaluation of their funding needs as identified on the application and quality of abstract reviewed by the ECI chairs.
The Criteria for consideration are:
- ECI applicant must have an independent lab.
- Must be a full RRS member, in good standing, or have membership pending.
- ECI application must be completed and approved by the ECI Interest Group Chair.
- ECI applicant must submit an abstract via online submission by the appropriate deadline.
All Travel Award Recipients for 2016 have been notified. To view the list of ECI travel award winners click Here.
Please contact Audrey Rinehart with questions at email@example.com or by phone (877)216-1919
Are you attending the Annual Meeting? If so, don't forget to include the ECI Meeting in your plans!
- By Invitation Only
- Tuesday, October 18th from 8:30-9:30 PM
- Water's Edge Ballroom- Hilton Waikoloa
- Interested? Get in touch with our contacts:
- Claudia Wiese (Claudia.Wiese@colostate.edu)
- David Kirsch (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Not a Full Sponsored Faculty Member? Contact email@example.com for assistance.
Please contact any of the following interest group coordinators if you have questions.